In a recent interview published by India’s public service broadcaster DD News, Sanskrit scholar Professor Chirapat Prapandvidya, from Thailand, exclaimed, “Thailand is the most crucial place for study of Sanskrit. We started...KEEP READING
Exchanging Cultures, Connecting Nations
This week's PD News roundup explores how cultural exchanges can connect nations. A concert was presented in Riyadh as part of a Saudi Arabia-Japan music exchange program, while teachers from around the world met at the University of Massachusetts Lowell to discuss their nations' efforts to decrease the gender gap in their education systems. Other news stories explored the necessity of maintaining cultural exchanges between India and Pakistan despite the political tensions between the two countries, as well as the importance of learning a modern language in a globalized world.
- The Importance of Learning a Modern Language in a Globalized World - SI News
- Verb Ballets Cultural Exchange Brings First Tour to Taiwan - Asian American Press
- Cultural Exchange Must Continue Despite Indo-Pak Tensions - Deccan Herald
- Teachers From Around the World Learning How to Narrow Gender Gap - Boston Globe
- Saudi Arabia's First Japanese Orchestra Concert Wows Riyadh Audience - Arab News
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.