The closing ceremony of the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics showcased a vast collection of Japanese soft power assets in a segment called “The Tokyo Show.” This started with an opening message of “Thank you,” performed by young...KEEP READING
Japan's Soft Power Initiatives
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe aims to support the nation brand and win friends abroad by implementing a new public relations campaign and soft power initiatives abroad.
- Joint Statement from the Second Japan-U.S. Development Dialogue - Official Wire
- With Focus on Wartime Past, Japan’s Global PR Message Could Misfire - Japan Times
- Seeking Clout, Japan Opens Channel to Aid Foreign Militaries - Bloomberg
- South Korea-Japan Ties Still Fraught by ‘Comfort Women’ Issue - Channel NewsAsia
- The Limits of Japan's Soft Power - The World Post
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.