As ISIS make gains in Iraq and declare an Islamic caliphate, media activists embedded along the front lines and their global support networks, the media mujahedeen, valorize their achievements in HD video...KEEP READING
The Newest Tool in the Public Diplomacy Toolbox
The power and relevance of new media in today's hyper-connected, globalized world were at the center of this week's public diplomacy news. Practitioners are increasingly resorting to the use of new and social media to implement a variety of public diplomacy programs, while the United States has focused on social media as the core of its counterterrorism and anti-propaganda efforts to combat ISIS.
- How Technology is Creating New Sources of Power - Forbes
- Islamic State's rule of attraction, and why U.S. countermoves are doomed - Reuters
- U.S. Department of State Builds Bridge Between the Past and Present Through Virtual Exchange Program - U.S. Department of State
- The Position of Turkey in the War against ISIS - Arabian Gazette
- Countering Russian Propaganda Abroad - The Heritage Foundation
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.