The potential rewards of public diplomacy are immense: China’s 10,000 Villages Project, a scheme to provide satellite television access to thousands of rural areas throughout Africa, reached a new clutch of remote villages...KEEP READING
Opportunities Abound for African PD
This week, the US-Africa Leaders Summit took over Foggy Bottom to tackle issues of development, human rights, good governance, and economic growth. Far from Washington, DC, however, a major public health crisis in west Africa threatens to spread globally and a public diplomacy opportunity arises.
- Can the US and China Cooperate on Development in Africa? - The Diplomat
- Obama Praises US-Africa Summit As An 'Extraordinary Event' - Washington Post
- Bauer: Hashtag Diplomacy Won't Save Lives - USA Today
- Ebola: An Opportunity for Public Diplomacy - The Globalist
- Is the US Serious About Africa? - Africa Up Close (Wilson Center)
- Obama and African Leaders to Discuss US Funding for HIV/AIDS - Washington Post
Need more coverage? Check out CPD's Spotlight on Africa for a full list of key materials we've developed over the years touching on public diplomacy in and by African countries.
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.