Koichi Iwabuchi, a professor of media and cultural studies and director of the Asia Institute at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, has published a new article. His piece, Pop-Culture Diplomacy in Japan: Soft...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: June 23 - 29
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles (in bold below).
- Exploring Indonesian Cuisine Through 'Cita Rasa Indonesia: Ekspresi Kuliner William Wongso' - Jakarta Post
- Turkey's 'Kadesh' Musical Wows Audience in Amsterdam - Yeni Safak
- Artists From Western China Present Cultural Show in Hungarian Capital - Xinhua News Agency
- Brazil Fest Receives Donations for Lethem Children - Strabroek News
- Armenian Cultural Heritage Featured at 2018 Smithsonian Folklife Festival in Washington - Public Radio of Armenia
- Iranian Cultural Festival Held in Jakarta - Tempo
- Pakistan Film Festival Second Edition to Be Held in New York - Hamari Web News
- Part II: ISIL's Religious Soft Power: Digital Narratives - CPD Blog
- How China Wins Friends and Influences People - The Diplomat
- EU’s Soft Power to Improve Human Rights in Morocco - The New Europe
- Brunei Can Employ Education Diplomacy to Strengthen ASEAN Bonds - The Scoop
- World Cup Plaudits Cheer Putin as Russia Revels in Spotlight - The Guardian
- Colombian Youth Visit Costa Rica to Learn Leadership Skills - Costa Rican Times
- 160 Members of Sri Lankan Military Personnel & Families to Reach Bodh Gaya Today - DD News
- India Seeks Cuba's Help in Empowering Developing Nations - Times Now News
- People-to-People Contact Between Pakistan, U.S. Imperative for Good Relations - Pakistan Observer
- A New National Brand? No Worries - Mumbrella
- Kazakhstan's Tourist Potential Was Presented in the Baltic States - Kazakh TV
- BBC News Now Reaches More Than Half of Afghan Adults - Radio World
- Media Framing of a Diplomatic Insult - CPD Blog
- Netherlands to Provide Refugee Host Countries With 400M Euros in Aid - Asharq Al-Awsat
- Japan Calls Indonesia to Engage in Palestine Development Programs - Antara News
- An Innovative Global Diplomacy Public Health Student Program - Relief Web
- Three Local Talents Stand to Win Two-Week Bulgarian Cultural Exchange Trip - The Star Online
- Airbnb Executive on Why Startups Must Work With the Community and Government for a Better Future - Smart Company
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Freepik (Cultural Diplomacy, Soft Power, Humanitarian Aid, International Broadcasting, Corporate Diplomacy ), Gregor Cresnar (People-to-People Diplomacy), Eucalyp (Nation Branding) and Smartline (Exchange Diplomacy).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.