Food has long been a source of soft power for countries, and it can play an important role in the tourism industry as well. A new article in the Current Issues in Tourism journal explores the growing importance of...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: June 30 - July 6
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles (in bold below).
- San Diego Diplomacy Council Launches Youth Sports Diplomacy Program - San Diego News
- International Students to U.S.: Do You Really Want Us? - The Christian Science Monitor
- To Strengthen Security and Improve Ties to Friendly Countries, U.S. Should Expand Visa Waiver Program - The Daily Signal
- Basketball Diplomacy: South Korea Teams Head for Pyongyang - Channel News Asia
- Innovation District 92 Announce an International Exchange Program - TechJuice
- Russia Moves to Deepen Ties With Africa - Ghana Business News
- Philippine History to Be Presented in a Musical in Dubai - Khaleej Times
- Studying Kimono With the Masters - The Jakarta Post
- U.S. Consulate Celebrates Pride Month - News Today
- Over 350 People Partaking in Days of Ukrainian Culture in Belarus - Belarus News
- Homewood [Illinois] Diplomacy - Homewood-Flossmoor Chronicle
- Why Ambassadors Are No Longer Just for Nations - GovInsider
- Students Learn About Diplomacy and Policymaking Through Role Play at Model ASEAN Meeting - The Straits Times
- America's Amateur Diplomats - The Economist
- And Then There Were None - CPD Blog
- Sweden Named Most Reputable Country by Reputation Institute - Transform Magazine
- How Hilton Hotels Fought the Cold War with Ice Water, AC and Burgers - Quarterly
- World Cup Ads Boost Global Unity - CPD Blog
- S. Korean Embassy Holds Food Festival in Baku - Azer News
- Culinary Diplomacy Brings Nations Closer - The Japan News
- Benjamin Netanyahu's YouTube Diplomacy - Connecticut Post
- Mai Tai Diplomacy in the Indo-Pacific - The Interpreter
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Smartline (Exchange Diplomacy), Freepik (Cultural Diplomacy, Corporate Diplomacy, GastroDiplomacy, Smart Power), Gregor Cresnar (People-to-People Diplomacy, Digital Diplomacy) and Eucalyp (Nation Branding).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.