Over the years, public diplomacy has allowed many countries, nations, and organizations to tell their stories through many mediums and with innovative strategies. Recently, the United Nations used a digital storytelling...KEEP READING
Public Diplomacy for Vulnerable Communities
Headlines in this week’s PD News roundup explored the role of public diplomacy in bringing the marginalized into the mainstream. From LGBT youth to women and refugees, headlines showcased how civil, social and educational campaigns can change lives. In Hong Kong, a trio of international NGOs are helping victims of domestic violence, while in Syria, a local NGO is buying wheat from farmers to produce free bread for families displaced by the civil war. Other headlines looked at LGBT rights, education inequality and economic development.
- Gay U.S. Ambassador Is a Reality TV Star in Denmark—USA Today
- Hong Kong NGO Partners International Body to Fight Domestic Violence—South China Morning Post
- Summer in the City: Scholarships for Refugees at King’s College London—UNHCR
- Syria: Empowering Vulnerable Communities—Institute for War and peace Reporting
- Why Uganda’s Teenage Girls Could Hold Key to its Prosperity—The Christian Science Monitor
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by jaci XIII | CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.