What did the public diplomacy conversation look like in 2019? To ring in 2020, we took a look at your favorite CPD Blog posts for the year: Cultural Diplomacy: Bridging the Study-Practice Gap By ...KEEP READING
September Blog Roundup: The Top 5
As September comes to a close, check out the top posts of the month at the CPD Blog.
5) Panda-plomacy: How Americans are Paying a Fortune for China’s Public Diplomacy by David S. Jackson. On pandas and their role in China-United States public diplomacy.
4) The BBC: at a Credibility Crossroads by Gary Rawnsley. Why the BBC should be careful about its new Russian satellite TV service.
3) Sustainable Development Goals: the PD Opportunity of a Generation by James Pamment. On the UN's Sustainable Development Goals and the implications for public diplomacy.
2) Our Crisis: Refugees and Displaced Persons by Natasha Rastegari. An interview with a family seeking refuge in Iraq.
1) Rethinking Human Rights Diplomacy in the Kingdom by Najah Al-Osaimi. A discussion of how the west should not interfere with human rights in Saudi Arabia.
From top to bottom: Photo by Kenny Louie/CC by-SA 2.0, Photo by Marc Blickle / CC BY-SA 2.0, Photo by Ross / CC BY-SA 2.0, Photo by Sigfrid Lundberg / CC BY-SA 2.0Photos reprinted courtesy of Natasha Rastegari, Photo by Amnesty Finland / CC BY-SA 2.0.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.