News coverage this week looked at how China is utilizing its soft power assets to support its nation brand and win friends abroad. Headlines from Italy announced the “Belt and Road” initiative, a “modern Silk Road” project...KEEP READING
Welcome to the Public Diplomacy Family
In this week’s PD News roundup we highlight the convening powers of public diplomacy. From sister city partnerships to educational exchanges and business alliances, global news headlines celebrated the myriad bonds between nations.
- Both Modi and Prayut Have Big Plans for Closer India-Thailand Ties—World Politics Review
- British Council Launches Exchange Programme for UK Students to Connect with Indian Culture—News Gram
- Grace: Afghans Arrive to Embrace Sister City Bluffs and to Share their Passion and Hope—Omaha World Herald
- International Students Visit Oneida, Experience American Culture, Bond with Host Families—Oñeida Daily Dispatch
- Twinning of Archaeological Sites in Brecks and Japan Is a World First—Eastern Daily Press
- ‘Very Image’ Heralds Cultural Exchange between Taiwan and Malaysia—Malay Mail
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Parker Richardson | CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.