For over a hundred years, World Expos have provided a way for countries to present themselves to the rest of the world, both to showcase their progress and achievements as well as to share aspects of their culture. CPD has...KEEP READING
Branding: Projecting the Right Image to the World
This week's PD News headlines focused on nation branding strategies. The first branch of Japan House, an organization which aims to foster knowledge about Japanese culture, opened in Sao Paulo, Brazil, while a decade after poachers wiped out its native population of rhinoceros, Rwanda has reintroduced the animal to its National Parks in order to attract more tourists to the East African country. Other stories explored a Chinese NGO offering green technology to Myanmar that may help improve China's image abroad, as well as Swedish designers who created an "adorable" national brand identity for North Korea.
- Swedish Designers Created an Adorable National Brand Identity for North Korea - Quartz
- Rwanda Brings Rhinos Back to Boost Tourism - Yahoo News
- Japan-Brazil Cooperation: Flawed by Design? - The Diplomat
- Brand South Africa Partners with the Sunday Times Generation Next - Brand South Africa
- NGOs Offering Green Technology to Myanmar May Help Improve China's Image Abroad - Mizzima
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.
People, Places, Power | Season 2, Episode 43: Britain in Transition: The UK's Image and the New King and Prime Minister