Click Here for the Digital Map! After a six-month run, the 2015 World Expo in Milan closed on October 31. With the theme of “Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life,” 145 countries showcased technological...KEEP READING
Bringing Food, Movies, and Books into Diplomacy
The PD News headlines this week underscore that culture plays a big role in public diplomacy. China’s efforts to enhance its soft power and storytelling across Africa and the United States, Indian cuisine and culture as shared by its diaspora and the international appeal of exchange programs were among the stories featured.
- French Gastronomy in Nepal —Nepal Times
- Celebrity Chefs to Turn Up the Heat at Sharjah Food Festival —Khaleej Times
- China Buys Soft Diplomacy with Hard Cash in Hollywood —South China Morning Post
- ‘China is No Stranger to Nigeria, Many African Countries’ —Vanguard Media Limited
- Book Ban: Cubans Deserve to Read about American Ideals —Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Vibrant Turkish Belly Dance —The Himalayan Time
- Theater Students Widen Horizons to Santiago, Chile —The Montlarion
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by eko1810 on Pixabay | CC0 Public Domain
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.