Professors Shumin Su (Beijing International Studies University, China) and Mark Xu (University of Portsmouth, UK) have published a new article in the January-March 2015 issue of the International Journal of E-Politics. ...KEEP READING
ISIS Goes Digital, Governments on Social Media
This week in public diplomacy, we saw the Chinese Government making a push in the digital arena, the U.S. State Department reprimanding those participating in a viral fad, and India spinning the Ice Bucket Challenge into its own effort to aid hunger. Technology is also playing a huge role in the ongoing crisis in the Middle East, spawning new debate about the role of social media in war-torn nations and the tracking of extremists through their digital trail.
- Will the Chinese Communist Party become social media’s ‘most followed’? - South China Morning Post
- Introducing India’s rice bucket challenge - The Times of India
- The Not So Cold War: State Department Bans Ice Bucket Challenge for Diplomats - The Daily Signal
- The Real Social Media Battleground - CPD Blog
- Isis’s most dangerous weapon is a smartphone. Luckily, we are armed with them too - The Spectator
- Islamic State Leaves Trail on Social Media - Wall Street Journal
- Tragedy Can Be Tweeted, But Our Rage Should Transcend Social Media - VICE News
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.