The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has redefined conventional forms of social interactions and slowed down the global economy at large. A number of countries, across the world, continue to enforce lockdown and quarantine...KEEP READING
POPULAR CULTURE AS A MEANS OF SOFT POWER
This week's PD News roundup explores some of the many ways in which culture is being used by nations as a means of attraction. The Civilizations Forum, which looks at culture's role as an asset for soft power and economic development, was held in Athens, while American scholars are making the case of using soft power to win hearts and minds. Other news stories explored India's rising influence through the Bollywood industry, as well as Japan's dedication to increasing its global leadership through cultural and diplomatic relations.
- Japan Take Pride in 'Your Name' - Japan Times
- Using Soft Power is Not a Hard Choice - The Huffington Post
- Culture's Role as a Tool of Soft Power and Economic Development - Tornos News
- In 'Bollywood Boom', Swaminathan Outlines India's Rising Soft Power - First Post
- Japan Has Turned its Culture into a Powerful Political Tool - Economic Times
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.