Martin Roth was director of the Victoria and Albert (V&A) Museum in London. Before joining V&A in September 2011, Roth was director general of the Dresden State Art Collections (Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden) in...KEEP READING
Public Diplomacy Festivals
Headlines in this week’s PD News roundup focused on the role of festivals in public diplomacy programming. China is strengthening modern day relations with Iran through a photo exhibition, while India is fortifying trade ties with its 31 fellow Spice Route nations via a mega gastrodiplomacy festival. Other headlines looked at art and cultural festivals in Bosnia, Indonesia, Korea and Turkey to promote cross-cultural dialogue, exchanges and understanding.
- Bosnian culture showcased—The News
- CultureGround brings Korean culture to the world—Korea Joonang daily
- Indonesia Channel; Art, Culture Performances Amazed Audience—Tempo
- Int'l students gather to celebrate Turkish culture at festival—Daily Sabah
- Kerala tourism to organize international culinary fest—Times of India
- Turkey’s oldest fair in İzmir gets a revamp—Hurriyet Dialy News
- Xinjiang-themed cultural festival in Tehran promotes China-Iran exchange—CCTV
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Todd Lapin | CC BY-NC 2.0
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.