Music and Diplomacy from the Early Modern Era to the Present is a book edited by Rebekah Ahrendt, Mark Ferraguto, and Damien Mahiet which delves into the topic of music diplomacy by analyzing historical and contemporary...KEEP READING
The Sound and the Flavor of Public Diplomacy
From nation branding through food to the sound of music diplomacy, headlines in the week’s PD News roundup explored the sensory side of international culture. In Nigeria, a new musical is showcasing the nation’s diversity and cultural heritage, while in Israel, a popular Instagram account, “Hot Dudes Eating Hummus,” hopes its “apolitical branding campaign” will celebrate the “entire diversity of Israeli society, which means representing all religions and ethnicities, whether Jewish, Christian, Muslim, or other.” Other headlines looked at coffee diplomacy, EuroVision and culinary exchanges.
- The Java Project: A Case Study in Place Branding—CPD Blog
- India Organises Culinary Week in Israel—Business Standard
- Jamala’s EuroVision Win Will Counter Putin’s Lives—Newsweek
- Musicians Raise their Voices in Song to Help Children in Gaza—Christian Science Monitor
- Israelis on Instagram: Eye Candy with a Side of Hummus—Jerusalem Post
- Philadelphia Orchestra's Final Asian Tour to Include Live Broadcast—NewsWorks
- 'Wakaa the Musical Has the Potential to Boost Cultural Diplomacy'—Pulse
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Takeshi Tanabe | CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.