On April 1, Russia sent humanitarian aid to the United States. The massive cargo aircraft, an Antonov An-124 Ruslan, took off from the Chkalovsky military airport near Moscow bound for the U.S., landing in New York City’s...KEEP READING
Brazil's World Cup: When Soccer Diplomacy Turns Tragic
This week, we learned that enhancing Brazil's national image through soccer has pitfalls and obstacles (thanks, Germany). While Brazil is reassessing its global role in sport and politics, the U.S. and Belgium found a new opportunity for diplomacy through pancakes and a shared love of the beautiful game.
- Enhancing Brazil's National Image Through Sport is Fraught With Difficulties - CPD Blog
- The limits of Brazilian soft power - VOXXI
- Argentines Sing of Brazil’s Humiliation, Loudly and in Rio - New York Times
- How the U.S. and Belgium solved their World Cup differences with pancake diplomacy - Washington Post
- Egyptian fans must choose Hebrew or Qatari channel for World Cup final - The Guardian (UK)
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.