The United States, which introduced the concept of soft power to the world and increased the positive awareness of its country in the world through this concept, is one of the countries that uses cinema diplomacy most...KEEP READING
Culture and Diplomacy: In Sync or in Conflict?
Can culture always be used as a tool for positive public diplomacy? Several op-eds this week argue against the use of culture for diplomatic means while on-the-ground cultural diplomacy efforts win big.
- Culture Should Refuse to Be Diplomatic - BBC News
- UN, EU Team Up to Restore Timbuktu's Cultural Heritage - eTurboNews
- Cultural Exchange: German Students Experience Life in Hudson - Hudson Star-Observer
- Celebration Marks Hoi An’s World Cultural Heritage Status - Vietnam News Agency
- So Much for Cultural Openness - The Financial Times
Want to receive PD News in your inbox? Subscribe to our daily or weekly digests here.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.