South Africa under apartheid was denied a meaningful role in the international community due to targeted sanctions and isolation. Following the dismantling of apartheid, the country was thrust into the global spotlight and...KEEP READING
Games, Photos and Film: Using Media for Diplomacy
This week's headlines highlighted media such as film, photography, and gaming as a powerful tool to reach international audiences. Various nations are using these forms of media to inspire democracy, bring in tourism, and contribute to international development.
- War Reporter-Turned Movie Maker Turns Camera on Egyptian Slums – Al Arabiya
- Israel Goes Anime to Promote Tourism from Japan – Jerusalem Post
- These Photos Of Tunisians Voting Are Inspiring Democracy Activists Across The Arab World – Buzzfeed
- Gazans 'Liberate Palestine' in New Computer Game – Haaretz
- The Big Picture: How Film Can Fuel Development - The Guardian
Want PD News delivered to your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.