KYIV, UKRAINE - Donald J. Trump’s first foreign trip as U.S. President is now history, but the repercussions are likely to be felt for years to come. A huge sale of U.S. weapons — $350 billion — to Saudi Arabia cemented a...KEEP READING
Governments Turning to Economic Diplomacy
This week's PD News headlines focused on economic diplomacy and trade relations. Facing an uncertain geopolitical climate, Japan and India will work together in an effort to play greater economic leadership roles in the Asia-Pacific region, while King Salman of Saudi Arabia is concluding a three-week Asian tour to promote Vision 2030, an ambitious economic reform plan. Other stories explored the crucial role of economic diplomacy for Nepal to enhance trade and commerce relations, as well as Germany's proposed economic development plan for Africa.
- Post-Brexit Britain's Biggest Economic Worry May Be its Language Barrier - Quartz
- Japan and India: Concerted Efforts at Regional Diplomacy - The Diplomat
- Ethiopia: GERD Public Diplomacy Bearing Fruits - AllAfrica
- Saudi Arabia Pivots to Asia (For Now) - The Diplomat
- Economic Diplomacy Crucial to Enhance Trade and Commerce Relation - The Himalayan
- Into Africa: Germany's Proposed Marshall Plan - Harvard Political Review
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.
People, Places, Power | Season 2, Episode 48: The Nation Brands Index 2022 and Russia's Fall from Grace