The closing ceremony of the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics showcased a vast collection of Japanese soft power assets in a segment called “The Tokyo Show.” This started with an opening message of “Thank you,” performed by young...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: Aug. 11 - 17
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles (in bold below).
- Ratan Kaul Ambassador of Public Diplomacy - Daily Excelsior
- Our Honorary Diplomat in Düsseldorf-Mörsenbroich - Handlesblatt
- China’s Language and Cultural Centers are Growing Faster Across Africa Than We Thought - Quartz
- UK's Soft Power at Risk Due to Immigration Policy, Survey Reveals - The Guardian
- First Review of Australia Soft Power Launched - Magnet
- As China and Taiwan Fight, a Tiny Coffee Bean Business Thrives Amid Bitter Political Dispute - Los Angeles Times
- Korean Performers to Further Boost Qatar-Korea Cultural Ties - Gulf Times
- Indian Embassy Brings ‘Sarang’ Cultural Festival to Korea - Korea Herald
- Indian Dance Group to Perform at Hibiscus - Fiji Sun Online
- New Zealand's Pacific Reset: The Case for Cultural Diplomacy - Stuff
- Armenian and American Ambassadors Discuss Cultural Diplomacy - Mirror Spectator
- Minnesota Orchestra Honors Nelson Mandela by Bringing Music to South Africa - NPR
- The 3Ps of Nation Branding III - The Guardian
- Experts Advocate Public-Private Partnerships for Nation Branding - The Guardian
Countering Disinformation and Disinformation
- Countering Disinformation: The Public Diplomacy Problem of Our Time - CPD Blog
- Intolerance in Hungary: Crafting an Other - CPD Blog
- Aussie Research Helps Highlight Under-Investment in Global Adolescent Health Programs - Xinhua News Agency
- Foreign Aid and Religion in the Pacific - The Interpreter
- Grassroots Diplomacy - U.S. News and World Report
- Diplomacy in the Post-Broadcasting Era - The Interpreter
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Freepik (Soft Power, Cultural Diplomacy, Global Dev, International Broadcast), Eucalyp (Nation Branding), Zlatko Najdenovski (City Diplomacy), Good Ware (Countering Disinformation and Disinformation).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.