The closing ceremony of the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics showcased a vast collection of Japanese soft power assets in a segment called “The Tokyo Show.” This started with an opening message of “Thank you,” performed by young...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: Jul. 28 - Aug. 3
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles (in bold below).
- Why We All Need to Invest in the Philippine Country Brand - The Inquirer
- Global Coffee Platform Launches Country-Specific Kenya Platform - Daily Coffee News
- Talking for, Not Listening to: A Failure of Australian Public Diplomacy - CPD Blog
- A Night of Salsa With Colombia's Swing Latino - The Jakarta Post
- UAE-China Week to Be Held on Annual Basis - Asharq Al-Awsat
- Cairo Opera House's Concerts Go to China - EgyptToday
- Japan’s Universities Need More Global Ties - The Japan Times
- State Department Funded Program Brings Middle Eastern TV Writers to Hollywood - NPR
- Teaching Exchange Program Invites All to Participate - Times Sebenza
- Ukrainian National Museum in Chicago Invites People to Photo Exhibit: Overcoming Crisis - UA/TV
- Expo 2020 Dubai to Promote Chinese Visitors, Businesses - Khaleej Times
- Rhino Diplomacy - The Kathmandu Post
- Workshop Explores Whether Technology Can Make Myanmar Cities More Livable - Mizzima
- The Future of Diplomacy Takes Root in Cities - CPD Blog
- Restaurant Serves American Comfort Food and 'Barbecue Diplomacy' in Mexico City - ABC News
- Food Diplomacy - New Zealand - ABS-CBS News
- Economic Diplomacy Brief: Infrastructure and Trade - The Interpreter
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Eucalyp (Nation Branding), Freepik (Cultural Diplomacy, Soft Power, GastroDiplomacy), Zlatko Najdenovski (City Diplomacy), Smartline (Exchange Diplomacy) and Becris (Economic Diplomacy).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.
Lawfare and Foreign Influence on Politicians: NATO and Portuguese Internal Intelligence Service Insights
Entrepreneurship Diplomacy, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and Developing Soft Power