Over the past month, foreign ministries (MFAs) have been actively involved in national efforts to stem the coronavirus outbreak. Thus far, foreign ministries have been charged with three tasks. First, offering consular...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: July 14 - 20
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles (in bold below).
- Innovation and Digital Diplomacy Become Necessity - Antara News
- Safe Travel App Launched for Guiding Indonesians Traveling Abroad - Netral News
- Exhibition Pays Tribute to 200 Years of Thai-U.S. Ties - The Nation
- German-Japanese Dialogue on Digital Transformation - University World News
- Why There Are So Many Japanese Emoji - BBC
- Digital Diplomacy Myths - CPD Blog
- World Tourism Day Places Focus on Innovation & Digital Transformation - Modern Diplomacy
On July 12, 2018, The Soft Power 30 report and index was released by Portland Communications in partnership with CPD, to which some articles refer below.
- China Learns a Very American Lesson on the Importance of ‘Public Diplomacy’ - South China Morning Post
- 'Soft Power' Index Says PM Jacinda Ardern a Factor in NZ's International Sway - New Zealand Herald
- K-pop Is Now So Universally Beloved That Even Algerians Speak a Little Korean - Quartz
- How Canada Can Attract International Talent and Improve Knowledge Exchange - University Affairs
- Pokémon, Toyota Mean Japan Wields Greatest Soft Power in Asia - The Asian Correspondent
- State Governors Delve into Foreign Diplomacy on Trade War - The Associated Press
- China's Floating Hospital Helping Win Hearts and Minds in an Increasingly Contested Pacific - ABC News
- Israeli NGO Goes Undercover to Help Syrians Fleeing Civil War - i24 News
- Fighting Ebola with Public Diplomacy - CPD Blog
- 25 Young Africans Learn Business Skills in Summer Program Through the University of Iowa - The Gazette
- ‘Crayon Diplomacy’ in Taiwan - The Diplomat
- Creating a ‘Value Economy’ for the European Cultural Sector - Government Europa Quarterly
- Documentaries, Rom-Coms – and Tentative First Steps in a New Era of Sino-British Film Collaboration - The Conversation UK
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Gregor Cresnar (Digital Diplomacy) and Freepik (Soft Power, Humanitarian Aid, Citizen Diplomacy, Corporate Diplomacy, Global Dev).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.