Koichi Iwabuchi, a professor of media and cultural studies and director of the Asia Institute at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, has published a new article. His piece, Pop-Culture Diplomacy in Japan: Soft...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: November 11 - 17
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles.
- 11th Delhi International Arts Festival Opens with a Bang - Millennium Post
- Battery Dance Combats Islamophobia through Dance, Words - Daily Trojan
- USCA Students Raise Their Flags to Open International Education Week - Aiken Standard
- The Concert Was about Unity; the Message Was All Russian - The Washington Post
- Konnichiwa Japan Cultural Festival to Celebrate Indo-Japan Friendly Exchange Year in Delhi - ANI
- ASU School Opens Korea Space to Increase Understanding of East Asian Nations - ASU Now
- Space Diplomacy Key to UAE Mars Mission - Khaleej Times
- Scientists and Diplomats Unite to Explore Innovative Approaches to Policy-Making - Imperial College London
- Cuba Takes to the Web for ‘Scientific Exchange’ on Acoustic Attacks on U.S. Diplomats - The Miami Herald
- Using Science Diplomacy in the South China Sea - The Washington Times
- Turkey Steps Up Aid for Iraq Earthquake Victims - Hürriyet Daily News
- Local Youths Find Rare Employment in Rohingya Camps - Dhaka Tribune
- Solving Africa’s Chronic Shortage of Surgeons - The Irish Times
- Djibouti: Renewed Interest in Maritime Security Facility Next to Chinese Base - CPD Blog
- Egyptian Academy of Arts in Rome Inaugurates New Cultural Season - Egypt Today
- Indians Now Form Second Largest Group of International Students in U.S. - The New Indian Express
- 6 Things to Know About International Students in the U.S. - U.S. News & World Report
- Georgian-Chinese Media Platform Announces Online Contest - China Daily
- India Keen to Promote Cyber Diplomacy - The Economic Times
- Selfie Diplomacy? Miss Iraq and Miss Israel Photo Goes Viral Before Miss Universe 2017 Pageant - Deutsche Welle
- PCG: PH, China Reach Breakthrough in Coast Guard Diplomacy - Update Philippines
- Liberians Participate in First African Students Job Fair in China - Front Page Africa
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Freepik (Cultural Diplomacy, Science Diplomacy, Education Diplomacy, Aid Diplomacy, Business Diplomacy, Citizen Diplomacy, Op-Ed Diplomacy), Gregor Cresnar (Digital Diplomacy), Smartline (Exchange Diplomacy), and Eucalyp (Nation Branding).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.