Koichi Iwabuchi, a professor of media and cultural studies and director of the Asia Institute at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, has published a new article. His piece, Pop-Culture Diplomacy in Japan: Soft...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: April 07 - April 13
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles.
- How Can Culture Help Change the World for the Better? - Abu Dhabi World
- Athens Hosts Festival of Two Cultures: Greece-Italy - ANSAmed
- Promoting Arabic Culture, Language Is Essential — Now More Than Ever, Says Arab World Institute Head - Arab News
- Emmanuel Macron Treats Saudi Crown Prince to Private Dinner at Louvre in Latest Symbolic Gesture - The Telegraph
- Concert by French Singer Ambroisibe - Gulf Times
- Ganga Initiative Brings Culture Into New Asian Trade Routes - InDepthNews
- Fashion Unzipped Podcast: Can Saudi Arabia's New Fashion Week Bring Women's Empowerment to the Kingdom? - The Telegraph
- Malta to Host Armenian Cultural Days - Public Radio of Armenia
- Pacific Symphony Will Perform in NYC's Carnegie Hall, Then Tour in China - The Los Angeles Times
- Understanding the UK's Soft Power: More Than Shakespeare and the Royal Family - The Journal of International Communication
- ‘Public Diplomacy Critical for Peace in Perilous Times’ - The Korea Herald
- Assessing Pakistan’s Soft Power - Daily Pakistan
- Part II: Make Time for PD - CPD Blog
Digital & Tech Diplomacy
- There's Now an Ambassador Representing His Country in Silicon Valley — And We Should've Had Them All Along - Mashable
- Facebook Privacy Critics Ignore Benefits of Social Media - Competitive Enterprise Institute
- An Optimistic Research Agenda for Digital Public Diplomacy - CPD Blog
- Farm Bureau Official: Kazakhstan on the Rise - The Country Today
- Chinese Artists' Visit to Kenya Breaks New Ground in Cultural Diplomacy - Xinhua News Agency
- Egyptian Ambassador Seeks to Convey True Image of His Country and the Middle East to Japanese - The Japan Times
- Confronting Negative Perceptions of ‘New’ Zim - The Standard
- Islamic Development Bank Launches Innovation Fund - Public Finance International
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Freepik (Cultural Diplomacy, Soft Power, Global Development), Gregor Cresnar (People-to-People Diplomacy, Digital Diplomacy) and Eucalyp (Nation Branding).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.