Koichi Iwabuchi, a professor of media and cultural studies and director of the Asia Institute at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, has published a new article. His piece, Pop-Culture Diplomacy in Japan: Soft...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: February 24 - March 2
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles.
- South Korea in 360° - NBC
- Iraq, Saudi Face Off in Bout of Football Diplomacy - Digital Journal
- Football Diplomacy to Bring India, Pakistan Together - The Statesman
- Polar Diplomacy & The Artic Future - CPD Blog
- Europe Aims To Fill 'Climate Diplomacy' Vacuum Left By U.S. - Forbes
- Iranians Call for Soft Power Now to Head off Future Water Crises - Al-Monitor
- Vancouver and Sister Cities: One and Done? - The Columbian
- Sister Cities' Puducherry, Dali to Ink Exchange MoU Soon - New Kerala
- Rijeka European Capital of Culture 2020 Project Presented - Total Croatia News
- The Movie ‘Sekala Niskala’ Won Grand Prix at Berlin International Film Festival 2018 - The Jakarta Post
- Festival of Iranian Films Kicks Off in Azerbaijan Republic - Iran Front Page
- Ministry of Culture Launches Taiwan-Japan Drama Series - Taiwan News
- Qatar-Russia 2018 Year of Culture Launched - The Peninsula
- Ambassador's 'Diplomacy By Design' Fashion Event Aims to Change Haiti Narrative - VOA
- 'Hunger Games' Rides. Virtual Reality 'Twilight.' How Lionsgate Is Pushing Into the Theme Parks Business - LA Times
- Mona Lisa Set to Go on World Tour - The Times
- Ireland Eyes Tie-Up to 'Revolutionize' Qatar Education - Gulf Times
- The End of Twitter Diplomacy? - New Europe
- Universities Expand Online Korean Studies Program for Foreign Students - The Korea Times
- Macron, Trudeau, Trump and the Art of Nation Branding - The Hill
- Ethiopia: Nation Branding - the Next Big Task - Ethiopia Herald
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Freepik (Sports Diplomacy, Sustainability, International Broadcasting,Cultural Diplomacy, Opinion Diplomacy, Countering Disinformation, Citizen Diplomacy), Zlatko Najdenovski (City Diplomacy), Eucalyp (Nation Branding) and Gregor Cresnar (Digital Diplomacy).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.