Koichi Iwabuchi, a professor of media and cultural studies and director of the Asia Institute at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, has published a new article. His piece, Pop-Culture Diplomacy in Japan: Soft...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: March 10 - 16
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles.
- Bangladesh Digital Security Act Protects Free Speech and Minorities - Modern Diplomacy
- Re-Integrating #Digital Into Digital Diplomacy - CPD Blog
- Social Media and ‘Selfie Diplomacy’ in Politics at Warwick Congress 2018 - The Boar
- Iran Considers Lifting Its Nine-Year Ban on Twitter - Center for Human Rights in Iran
- Diplomacy in the Digital Era Brings Both Risks and Rewards - Policy Option Politiques
- The ‘Acharya Envoys’ Who Propagate Indian Culture - The Hindu
- U.S.-Backed Culture Centers Under Pressure in China - The Straits Times
- Hungary in Cultural Diplomacy Push With First U.S. Opera Tour - The Citizen
- Design Diplomacy Sparks Dialogue Between Artists - The Reykjavic Grapevine
- Turkish Culture Minister Inaugurates Cultural Center in Moscow - Hurriyet Daily News
- Lebanon Seeks Foreign Aid to Support Its War-Rattled Economy - The Wall Street Journal
- China Sets Up Agency to Focus on Foreign Aid, Belt and Road - The Hindu
- Bill Gates Expected to Talk Foreign Aid at White House Meeting - K5 News
- Palestinian PM Appeals for More Aid to Solve UNRWA's Funding Crisis - Xinhua News Agency
- "Creative Serbia: Future is Creative" - B92
- Finnish Education: A Pillar of the Nation Brand - CPD Blog
- Why Rex Tillerson's Departure Matters - CPD Blog
- Saudi Crown Prince Leaves UK After Efforts at Public Diplomacy - The National
- Why Trump’s Tariffs Could Weaken U.S. Influence in the World - The Washington Post
- Fulbright Exchange Program Battles White House Antipathy - Deutsche Welle
- Egyptian-Americans Push U.S. to Advocate for Human Rights in Egypt - Al Jazeera
- Thirty-Seven U.S. Representatives Call for $70 Million Aid Package for Artsakh and Armenia - Armenian Weekly
- What Rex Tillerson’s Dismissal Means for U.S. African Policy - Africa Ventures
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Gregor Cresnar (Digital Diplomacy), Freepik (Cultural Diplomacy, Foreign Aid, Soft Power, Diaspora Diplomacy, Opinion Diplomacy) and Eucalyp (Nation Branding).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.