Koichi Iwabuchi, a professor of media and cultural studies and director of the Asia Institute at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, has published a new article. His piece, Pop-Culture Diplomacy in Japan: Soft...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: March 17 - 23
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles.
- First Spanish Day in Taiwan Aimed At Promoting Language, Culture - Focus Taiwan
- '2018 International Tea Culture Exchange Exhibition' Kicks Off in Southern Taiwan - Taiwan News
- From Iraq to Yemen: Israel's Eurovision Entry Draws Unexpected Support From the Arab World - Haaretz
- Shenzhen Furniture Exhibition Opens in China - Woodworking Network
- St. Patrick's Society Jakarta Marks Irish Holiday With Charity Ball - The Jakarta Post
- Macron Unveils Plan to Spread French Language - RFI
- Croatian Ambassador Mixes Diplomacy, Culinary Arts - Rome Reports
- Will K-Pop Diplomacy Ease Tension Ahead of Korea Talks? - Deutsche Welle
- Japanese Pop Culture Fandom Spreads in Myanmar - Nikkei Asian Review
- Malaysian Universities Need to Future-Proof Themselves – or Face Closure - Study International
- Armenia to Develop "Wine Tourism" Strategy Through the Silk Road Program - Panorama
- Why the U.S. Needs to Act On Its Brand - U.S. News & World Report
- Saudi Arabia's Neom Megacity: Desert Destination or Futuristic Flop? - The New Arab
- Government Announces 'Official' Fridays Dress Code - Mwakilishi
- Mobile App Helps Combat 'Voracious' Crop-Munching Pest in Africa - eNews Channel Africa
- Public Diplomacy Tools to End TB - CPD Blog
- U.S. to Give $2.5M to Assist With Venezuelan Refugees Stranded Across Border - The News Tribune
- Coding With Impact: Training Female Tech Talent From Latin America - Modern Diplomacy
- With Xi Jinping's Second Term, China to Create 'Voice of China', One of World's Largest Propaganda Voices - India Today
- Seoul Needs 'Non-Washington Diplomacy' - The Korea Times
- PD & "Polish Death Camps": Is History Being Weaponized in Populist Propaganda? - CPD Blog
- Google News Initiative Announced to Fight Fake News and Support Journalism - The Verge
- U.S. Seeks to Fight Fake News in Kenya - Daily Nation
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Freepik (Cultural Diplomacy, Global Development, Soft Power, Countering Disinformation, Exchange Diplomacy) and Eucalyp (Nation Branding).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.