Food has long been a source of soft power for countries, and it can play an important role in the tourism industry as well. A new article in the Current Issues in Tourism journal explores the growing importance of...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: October 21 - 27
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles.
Development & Aid Diplomacy
- Austrian Company to Invest Euro 9.6 Million to Improve Health Facilities in Sri Lanka - ColomboPage
- The Latest: Revised Aid Tally from Rohingya Meeting: $344M - ABC News
- Morocco to Send Medical Aid to Plague-Stricken Madagascar - Morocco World News
- AFDB President to Start Fund for Young Farmers - New Vision
- USAID Looks to Expand Public/Private Partnerships - FeedStuffs
- Pakistan Embassy Official Visits Sohar as Part of Community Outreach Initiative - Muscat Daily
- UC Berkeley Launches ‘Smart City’ Challenge to Create Startups in India - The Daily Californian
- Why Do Nations Invest in International Aid? Ask Norway. And China. - The Washington Post
- Dim Sum, Tourism and Then Some: Soft Power Unleashed - The Hindu
- Sydney Cultural Extravaganza Helps Showcase Growing Australia-China Ties - XinhuaNet
- Interview: Andrea Carlo Biggi (Australian Embassy), on Economy and Culture - Business Review Romania
- Panelists Speak on Skateboarding Culture at The Nation Skate - Daily Trojan
- Ghana, Israel Strengthen Bilateral Relations Through Culture - Ghana News Agency
- Gabala Hosts International Scientific Conference Entitled ‘Archeology of Gabala’ - APA
- International Meet on Composite Materials - The Hindu
- Can Social Media Reduce the Risk of War - CPD Blog
- Digital Diplomacy and the Power of Citizen Networks & Advocacy Organizations - CPD Blog
- 'Kung Fu Panda' Diplomacy for the New Era - ECNS
- China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC): China's Successful Economic Diplomacy - CPD Blog
- Indonesia, Austria, Discuss Efforts to Strengthen Resilience Against Radicalization at Interfaith Dialogue - Jakarta Globe
- Thought Leaders, Experts Gather at National Branding Confab - The Guardian
- Ex-Korea Herald Editor-in-Chief Honored - The Korea Herald
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Freepik (Development & Aid Diplomacy, Cultural Diplomacy, Science Diplomacy, Smart Power, Nation Branding, Cross, Star of David), Gregor Cresnar (Digital Diplomacy) and Business Dubai (Minaret).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.
Performance of Congress-Financed Alhurra TV: Do Viewership Numbers and American Taxpayer Money Spent Add Up?