Dead service members and their families deserve recognition and respect, both from presidents and the American people. Active duty military also deserve a clear mission and the commitment of a nation to their service, fight...KEEP READING
Governments and Soft Power: Their Creative Approaches
This week’s PD News headlines focused on governments’ creative approaches to maximize soft power. Morocco is using investments, religion, and culture to boost stability in the Sahel and Africa, while India’s Prime Minister Modi's trip to Europe successfully strengthened its bilateral relations. Other headlines looked at the Ethiopian minister chosen as the first African to lead the World Health Organization, China’s growing global influence, and Estonia’s use of tourism brochures in nation branding.
- Morocco Efficiently Uses Soft Power to Expand Footprint in Africa – The New Indian Express
- Modi's Charm Diplomacy – Daily News and Analysis
- Is China Becoming the World's Most Likeable Superpower? – The Atlantic
- Estonia's Non-Traditional Way for Nation Branding – Transition Online
- Ethiopian Minister Is the First African to Head WHO – Brand South Africa
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.